Eat, Pray, Love, Dance, and Meditate Mini-Retreat
May 6, 2023
Eat, Pray, Love, Dance, and Meditate
An Afternoon Mini-Retreat with Susan Tate
Come discover how to:
Eat with pleasure
Pray with abandon
Love with passion
Dance with joy
Meditate to be
In this nurturing mini-retreat, you can expect a nourishing blend of discussion, presentation, activities, joyful movement, and meditation. You will learn effective strategies for eating to enhance your energy, pleasure, and wellness. Participation will be at your own pace. We will close our time together with a uniquely choreographed Nia routine, followed by a beautiful walk to the sacred meditation hall for a special 30-minute meditation time with Synchronicity’s High-Tech Meditation® music. No prior Nia or meditation experience needed.
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
* An awareness of any energy leaks and strategies to create more peace and balance
* A list of natural energy boosters you’ll love adding to your life
* Tips on how to eat for energy, pleasure, stress reduction, and shape-shifting (i.e., weight-loss)
* A pleasure-filled Nia experience that will delight your senses and your soul
* An expanded awareness of prayer and meditation practices
* A deeper and more meaningful relationship between you and your body, heart, mind, spirit, and emotions
* A delightful mixture of dance arts, martial arts, and mindfulness, Nia is a holistic movement and wellness practice for your body, mind, and soul. Practiced barefoot, (but you can wear shoes!) Nia is non-impact and adaptable to individual needs and abilities. Nia encourages people of all shapes, sizes, and abilities to dance at their own pace, listen to their bodies, and to welcome in pleasure.
**If you’d like to make a reservation to stay overnight at the Sanctuary, please call 757-644-3400.
About Your Teacher
Susan is an author, teacher, and wellness visionary. She has been sharing an empowering and inspirational approach to holistic health education for decades. She was the Director of Health Promotion and assistant professor in the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia for many years. A licensed black belt Nia teacher, Susan has presented workshops internationally and has taught thousands of classes since beginning teaching Nia in 1999. Susan is the author of several health-related books including: Into the Mouths of Babes: A whole foods nutrition guide to feeding your infants and toddlers (1984, 1991, 2013) and Wellness Wisdom: 31 Ways to Nourish Your Mind, Body, & Spirit (2007, 2011).
What People Have Said About Susan’s Workshops and Mini-Retreats:
As I mentioned to Susan, I thoroughly enjoyed the retreat and it was made more special because of the Sanctuary Retreat Center’s beauty. I especially loved the second place where we met which was below the dining room. The meditation hall also has such a beautiful energy.
P.S., Afton, VA
Your unique approach of pleasure and nurturance is exactly what I needed since I do have ongoing issues with “nurturing” my body, soul, and heart.
S.R., Seattle, WA
With great skill and sensitivity, Susan guided us on a magical journey into our bodies and beyond. Enlightening, profound, and fun!
B.B., Washington, DC
The workshop affected my mind, body and spirit in a truly positive way. Thank you, Susan, for reminding us in a peaceful way who we are!
~JB., Brussels, Belgium
Thank you for sharing ways that nurture both body and spirit. You are a gift!
C.B., Seattle, WA